Texas Free Lottery Rules
The Texas Free Lottery offers the only free-to-play games in the Lone Star State, with drawings held both daily and weekly for cash prizes. On this page you’ll find the lottery rules and regulations for participating in these unique games of chance.
- Under the terms of Texas state law, you must be at least 18 years old to purchase lottery tickets.
- You must be a Texas resident in order to play and win prizes.
- Each individual has the responsibility to ensure they are legally able to enter the Texas Free Lottery; if the player does not meet eligibility criteria, any prizes won may be forfeited.
- The Texas Free Lottery retains the discretion to limit or refuse entries to anyone without providing a reason.
- To enter the draws, follow the simple steps to create a free account on this site, verify your account details, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- One account is allowed per person, and the information you enter must be valid in order for us to contact you.
- The account is used to store your lottery picks, communicate with you about matters relating to your account, and notify you if you have won a prize.
- The Texas Free Lottery is played online, so there’s no disorganization trying to sign and keep track of tickets, or uncertainty about whether you’ve won or not. Your numbers are securely stored in your account and you can check your ticket online anytime.
- If you’ve lost your login details, simply enter your email address on the Forgotten Password page and you’ll receive an email with a link to reset your password.
- To change your personal details, log in and view the Account Settings page, then click “Edit” to modify your information, such as email address or cell phone number.
Draw Entry Rules
After you’ve successfully created your account, you can enter the Daily Draw or Weekly Draw right away. Simply pick six numbers and select the draw you wish to play.
Please note the entry cut-off time is two hours before the draw.
- The Daily Draw is held seven nights a week at 7:30 PM CT / 6:30 PM MT, so the deadline to enter that evening’s draw is 5:30 PM CT / 4:30 PM MT.
- The Weekly Draw takes place every Monday at 3:00 PM CT / 2:00 PM MT, so the deadline to enter is Monday at 1:00 PM CT / 12:00 PM MT.
- Draw times are subject to change at the discretion of the Texas Free Lottery.
- To be eligible for the Weekly Draw, you need to play three or more Daily Draws in a week.
- Wait for the draw to take place and check your ticket on this website. If your numbers match the winning numbers, you’ll take home the prize for that draw.
- Match all six numbers in the Daily Draw to win the $500 cash prize.
- If your numbers match the six winning Weekly Draw numbers, you’ll receive the $10,000 cash payout.
- If there is more than one ticket that matches all six numbers on the Daily or Weekly Draw, the prize is shared equally by the winners. For example, if two players win the Daily jackpot, they will each receive $250. If two players win the Weekly jackpot, they will each receive $5,000.
- All lottery prizes are taxed as income, and prizes over $5,000 are subject to federal tax withholdings before they are paid out. Therefore, if you win a Weekly prize of $10,000, withholdings of 24% will be deducted.
- Texas does not have a state tax on lottery winnings.
Rules on Claiming Prizes
- Congratulations on your win! Under the claim rules, players have two business days to cash out a win. It’s simple to claim with a valid ticket - just sign in to your account and complete the steps to receive your winnings.
- Jackpot prizes are paid via a check made out to the winner, using the name associated with their account, and sent by registered mail. Use your real name and other valid information when you sign up for an account to ensure you receive any prizes you’ve won.